Hilo, a Toronto based tech startup focusing on the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) market, is looking for a technical Co-founder/CTO.
CRE has been one of the last industries to be fully disrupted by technology, now called Proptech. Activity between CRE developers, service providers, startups and investors, is experiencing massive growth, with billions of dollars being invested to transform the way CRE professionals work.
Hilo is building the largest network of connected communities within urban centres across North America, strengthening engagement between building operators and their customers.
Hilo is not another building app. Hilo is a consumer branded digital platform that is reinventing community engagement by making members’ workplace experiences better and easier. With mass scale and the addition of new functionality and integrations, Hilo will be well positioned to more effectively manage the customer journey and experience within CRE.
Hilo has customers in Toronto, Ottawa and Boston, is available in 15 buildings and growing every month.
In this position, you will:
• Be responsible for everything tech at the company.
• Work with the other co-founders to identify, assess and prioritize market opportunities.
• Write a lot of code. We’re AWS/Node/React Native, but we don’t expect you to be an expert in these specific technologies.
• Work with strategic partners (e.g. building security) to define and implement software integrations.
• Hire and manage software development team.
Coming to Hilo, you will:
• Bring passion and excitement about the prospect of joining an early stage startup.
• Believe in our vision and be willing to take more equity than cash.
• Have managed people, but are still a coder.
• Be a 10+ year industry veteran.
• Currently live in Toronto and can legally be employed in Canada.
If we have piqued your interest, please send a note of introduction including your tech/startup experience to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s start a conversation.